* John Redley's "Abode" is shown as Washington House, Little Brington
* Sarah Eliza Hadley's "Abode" is shown as Station Cottages, Althorp Park. The cottages still stand, however, nothing remains of Althorp Station, which was demolished under the plans of Dr. Beeching. On 13th May, 1950, King George VI, Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret visited Silverstone on the occasion of the first British Grand Prix. Following the race they visited Althorp and enjoyed tea with Earl & Countess Spencer. Later that afternoon they arrived at Althorp Station where the Royal Train was waiting along with several thousand onlookers.